Monday, April 19, 2010

Cupcakes, Cakes and Fun!





















Here are a few of my recent attempts at cake decorating.

These are my first ever cupcakes. They were really, really pretty but it did take a long time and it was very messy! My husband has been kind enough to clean up while I create.

What I learned? That good things don't last. My husband's gesture was sweet but it didn't last very long.























My next attempt at cupcakes were for valentines day. I absolutely love these! It was more fun to make and less time and mess. The chocolate hearts are of my own design. Okay, hubby was slacking off a little at this point with the cleaning promises :)


What I learned? Although the cupcake holders looked elegant, it was hard to get the cupcake out!
















These are a great attempt at "Bird Nests" for Easter. These cupcakes were really time consuming and it gave me a backache! Angel food cake with chocolate buttercream frosting and roasted coconut. The little birds are buttercream frosting also. Now, I must tell you they tasted just like Easter! Sweet! After this I have made a vow that, less is best!

What I learned? Go simpler.
























Now, my attempt at Fondant! For my Dad's birthday I asked him what he wanted for his birthday cake. He said he wanted a crossword puzzle and that is what he got! Mike and I had so much fun doing this cake. He was rolling fondant balls and making the squares for the puzzle. The cake was delicious and my Dad was really happy.


What I learned? I did learn that fondant wasn't that hard to do, but it really doesn't taste that good.




















We made these cupcakes for cousin Danny. It was his birthday on the same day as my Dad's. Sam helped with the chocolate designs so they would match the plate. She did have fun and it was nice having her around the house.



What I learned? Have Sam around so she can create too! She has an eye for things and it is fun to watch!























Here is one of Sam's creations!



I love it because it reminds me of her...


pink, sweet and always embracing life!




More to come!

1 comment:

Followers

Voting

Blog Archive